Saturday 3 December 2016

Destro Sucks! Time for Change?

Imagine if I was to DELETE my WoW account? Wouldn't that be interesting?

Don't panic! I'm no going to go quite that far. But perhaps it's time to re-roll from Warlock? This is a question I often consider when things are just... well... boring as Destro. I felt it first in Warlords of Draenor, the expansion of the Destro heal-bot, where literally all of our damage came from 1 button. And I'm feeling it again now in Legion.

We've been through so many styles of gameplay this expansion, that I'm becoming convinced we're going to devolve into a puddle of chaos ooze by its conclusion. Firestone, Focused Chaos, nerfed Focused Chaos, Shadowburn-Cremation spec, and then back to Firestone again. It gives the player - or me at least - a real notion that the Devs just have absolutely no idea where they want the spec to be. Every time a new update is announced, it is with anxiety that I tab into 'mmo-champion.com', not excitement.

My thinking goes something like: 'What have they f**ked up this time? Let's have it'.

And they seldom disappoint. First the over-nerfing of Focused Chaos while ignoring the real problem of Destruction Mastery in PvP. Then Shadowburn was murdered, and now Cremation -

Sod it. I play the game for fun. Being a Destruction Warlock through and through used to be something worth being proud of, but somewhere between MoP and Legion, the sense of being an unrivaled badass died entirely. What's left of one of the most brutal, skill-based specs in the game is a lardy-arsed 4-button insult to everything the class used to represent. Hell, if I don't re-roll - at least for a while - I might just end up quitting!


...Or maybe we'll just continue playing Destruction, because such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment